FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My upper swivel shaft does not have the nut on top to adjust (lift) the gimbal ring to .002 to .010 inch at the lower swivel shaft.
For adjusting my gimbal ring, I have to use two thicknesses of washers, .015 and .063 inches thick and the washers are to be used "As Required".:confused:
My...
:(I have a 1974 Reniell with a replaced 302 Ford V8 and who ever changed the motors didn't transfer the motor tag to tell me what I need to know when buying parts.
The outdrive serial number is 3784434 as close as I can read it. Is this the same number as the one that should be on the motor...
I have removed the transom, front motor mounts/stringers and gas tank bulkhead on my 1974 Reinell 25' Cabin Cruiser. The wood was totally rotten and after removal, I believe at least the motor mounts/stringers had already been replaced and it wasn't a pretty sight. I do not feel comfortable...
I am trying to connect a newer tach that uses un-rectified (AC) cycles/poles per alternator revolution to figure out RPMs. I have the original "one post" alternator but unless I take it apart I can't tell how many poles the stator has. Does anyone know the answer to the number of poles? Next...