FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Not sure what is hanging up ... I have the exhaust tube loose. I can only lift the power head 10" and the shift rod is hanging on something inside the swing arm. I have tried everything save cut the damn shift rod. Any ideas????
Thanks
I bought a 93 40 hp Merc. tilt and trim I'm installing on my 82 50 hp Merc. The guy who sold me the tilt/trim can't find the wiring harness and solenoids for it. Can't I just run the trim with a 3 prong toggle switch?? The trim is a two wire blue/green.
Thanks
BullRedHunter
Hey all I think I may have been had. I was looking for a tilt/trim for my 82 50 hp Merc. I searched high and low. Finally found a listing for a Merc tilt trim 40 - 60 hp no year on the listing. I called the number given and it was a very reputable company which sells new outboards and does...
Hey all I have a 14ft fishing boat I have restored and needed a motor for. With luck a family member gave me an 82 50 hp merc. After many repairs I have the motor running great and it is nice to be back out on the water. Here's my problem ... the motor has no tilt and trim. I have looked at all...
Hey all I have an '82 50 hp 4 cyl. ser. # 5949572 Merc. I'm having trouble finding and/or picking which carb kit/s to get for it.
here are the #'s I found on each carb.
top carb
BA3D 051
6517A7
Bottom Carb
BA3D 051
6517A8
Sure hoping someone could point me in the right direction
Thanks...
Hello all new to site .... I'm replacing a water pump kit on my '82 50hp 4 cyl. Mercury O/B. However I'm stumped on the contents of the kit. I have everything laid out as to how I pulled it off and I'm ready to replace said parts. I just don't see where 2 small black o-rings and 2 small yellow...