FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
'76, pretty cool. Eager to start it up. Do you know the type of gas and/or any ratio of fuel to oil?
Also, you mentioned "foot" oil. Is that the lubricant for the lower part of the engine, for the prop and shaft? Where would I add that and how much?
Top number is: 217/58541 (make be another digit or two rubbed off)
Serial number is: 6A 021998
I've posted some pictures to my profile. Banner is the view from head on. Profile picture is from the side.
I just purchased a Jon Boat and the seller included a 5.0 HP "Ted Williams Brand" Air Cooled Engine. It looks ca. 1950s vintage.
He had the engine stored on the ground and on its side, but said it was running and reliable. When I picked it up, a fuel/oil mixture leaked from the bottom, just...