FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My friends 2002 ls2000 with twin 1200 motors is having an issue...One of the motors is cutting out at full throttle. All carbs, fuel lines, and oil lines were recently replaced...It doesnt seem like a fuel issue because the engine just cuts right off, almost as if someone pulled the lanyard...
I need a new lower unit for my 78 120 I/O...I found a good deal on a 898 serial number 4783372
Anyone know if this will fit? any difference in the lower units?
Thanks
1979 Renken I/O 120hp Merc
We were out on the lake today and hit a huge rock...mangled the prop bad...Now the shaft wont engage...I pulled off the prop and was able to turn the shaft by hand...where do I begin?
Thanks
Okay...Its a 16 foot bowrider with the 120 merc i/o...When i put it in WOT it hesitates randomly...Two things occured right before this started to happen...I hit bottem but prop looks okay, and there was a pretty bad rain storm overnight...Could this be a prop problem, could it be water in the...
Just bought my first boat...its a 79 renken with a 120 merc, Inboard outboard...Runs great but the outdrive tim will not raise...The guy told me this happens a lot and to just add some 30 weight oil every season...My question is, shouldn't I be using hydrolic fluid? Also, where is the resevoir...
Hi,
I have a volvo penta 2.0 with a 270 outdrive...Took it out today and I have reverse but no forward gear...The motor just revs and the prop doesnt spin. What could be wrong/where do i start...thanks