FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello I searched forums prior to doing this job and it was very helpful. Seeing as I have a 1998 tige pre2200 v-drive with a 1996 gen-vi mpi plumbed with ballast which makes doing anything in the engine really fun on a 6’2” guy. It’s a new to me boat so still figuring out its quirks. It seems to...
I am trying to get to the linkage below the air filter to lube it up as my perfect pass throttle is not returning. To get access I wanted to take off the air filter but the back lip of the air filter hits the nut on the throttle linkage. I tried gentle downward pressure on the linkage but don’t...
Hello All first time poster and tried to search for this as I am sure I am not the first to ask. I got a new used boat with a mercruiser 1996 454 mpi. I had it winterize professionally which I use that term loosely as they didn’t put all the plugs in. Got in the back country and she was leaking...
hello first time poster here. I think my 1996 135hp mariner took it last run by me. I think the water pump went and it seized. Note to self check on old boat to make sure its pumping water. Made a nice screeching sound then quit won’t crank by hand. I am thinking of upgrading anyways to wake...