FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Trying to find out the factory settings for a link & sync on a Merc 115/1150 Thunderbolt in-line 6? Last shop that worked on it couldn't get it going.
I have finally gotten it to idle without missing and can put it in gear without stalling now. When I start giving it gas it bogs and dies...
Have 1 Mid 70's Merc 115/1150 Thunderbolt In-line 6. Have had carbs rebuilt, new timing belt, timing set. Will start and run with WOT. Appears to have a electrical miss. When idled down it will stall out before I can get into gear. Will restart but will do same thing again. Have changed all...
Mid 70's Mercury 115/1150 Thunderbolt. I can run it with the warm up lever after starting but it has a electrical miss. When I idle it down to put it in gear the RPM's fluctuate and there is an electrical miss also and the engine will die. I can restart it but it will do the same thing. Would...
I have a Mercury (possibly mid to late 70's) 115 HP. I have been rebuilding boat and took to the water today. When I put it in forward gear the engine will rev up and boat tries to go but moves about as fast as the trolling motor. Do I have a dog clutch slipping? When I am on land - I put it...