FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I turned the key to start the engine and it started turning and would not stop until I turned the Battery Off.
Even after disconnecting the ignition switch, as soon as battery was turned on the engine would start turning over.
I replaced the starter and it worked great for one day. Next day...
Greetings All;
I found a long purple wire dangling behind instrument panel. I can't see anywhere that it should go. All nubs have wires and nuts in place. I've attached some pictures and a video. Couple of my gauges don't work, hoping this will fix em. There is a purple wire that connects...
I have a 1988 20' Searay 4.2 Mercruiser i/o. I have been taking it 90 miles round trip back and forth to the boat ramp in Biloxi Ms on the Gulf. With gas being so expensive and my aging P/u truck I found a boat slip for $6 and change per foot. I'm retired and use the boat often and for me it...
Gas is coming out of the vent hole on hot humid Mississippi days. If I unscrew the gas cap I get a hissing sound and then the leak stops. I initially thought I overfilled the gas tank which could still be the problem. Have been out on the boat on three short trips and the tank is showing...