FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
How is the idle speed set on a 1980 40hp Merc? It idles too slow and stalls when coming into the dock in neutral. I don't see any way to do it except to shorten the throttle cable. I can increase the idle speed by using the start/throttle lever.
I recently bought a pontoon with a 1987 40 hp Evinrude. It isn't running well - seems to be running lean. I removed the air intake shroud and discovered a hose connected to a nipple at the very bottom of the intake manifold. The other end of the hose is connected to nothing. I put the end of the...