FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2006 Suzuki DF70 that shuts down before full throttle around 5000 RPM. Had it serviced by Suzuki mechanic who couldn't duplicate the problem but still did a full service and replaced water pump, put on new prop, and drained old fuel. Motor worked fine first 2 times out but started doing...
I'm using a 12V 34# trolling motor on a flat back canoe only & it has a 2 blade prop. Will switching to a 3 blade prop do anything significant for this or any other size 12V motor?
I have a 2006 Cape Craft 17' CC that has a 35 gallon built in gas tank. Does anyone know if the gas tank is aluminum, plastic, or composite? I've asked a few dealers and get different answers and it appears the boat is not in production anymore.
I'm switching from aluminum to a stainless steel prop but am on a budget. For my motor (Suzuki DF 70) the lowest price I've found is for an Apollo 3 By Michigan Steel. Next jump up (+$60) would be to an RAF PowerTech. Any feedback on quality or recommendations are appreciated.
2005 Suzuki DF70
4 Stroke, 50 hrs.
The over rev light started coming on at WOT (5000 RPM) after a few minutes and powers the motor down unless I keep the boat at 4500 RPM or lower. RPM WOT spec is 5200-5800. Boat max is still 5000 RPM and now rev limit light issue. Former owner said RPM maxed...
I have a 2005 Suzuki DF70 70HP 4 stroke with approximately 50 hours on a 17' Cape Craft CC that ran fine but after a year or so the over rev light started coming on at WOT after a few minutes and powers the motor down unless I keep the boat at 4500 RPM or lower. I currently have an aluminum prop...