FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Here is the whole story. While getting the starboard engine rebuilt/uninstalled/re-installed, the port engine sat for six weeks, prior to that it ran great with no issues. I have owned the boat for three months, so it seemed like a good idea to put new spark plugs in the port while I was...
Anyone help with some basic info? I have a 1996 4.3LX with Thunderbolt IV ignition. To my knowledge everything is stock. The Mercruiser part number for the Ignition coil is 805570A2.
Does anyone know the resistance of this coil? Does it use the internal or external resistor? Any other info...
So after determining that my fuel pump was bad, I purchased a replacement called out in the parts manual. Upon arrival, I also discovered that the one previously installed on my starboard engine was the wrong pump. Someone cut off my original connector and installed one for that pump. I'm...
All,
I have a 1996 4.3LX that I just had rebuilt. I have it in the boat and it will crank and run if I pour gasoline in the carb; however it will die once it runs thru that gasoline. I also get the alarm, but have plenty of oil pressure (not sure where the alarm is coming from). I have...