FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
It's not a jet boat, it has the VP280 outdrive. I think it was the CVX-18ss that had the jet drive. Mine is the CV-18ss, fitted with Volvo/Penta 280 outdrive.
Can someone tell me, Is this boat considered an AQ200B on the Volvo Penta website? I have trouble figuring out which exhaust manifold will fit. Several people I have spoken to, ask which model of engine I have. As soon as I share that it has the 351 winsor heads, confusion ensues. Then they ask...
I did see Barr Marine as a prospect supplier, will double check them out. I did find this site. Seems like it would work.
https://bpi.ebasicpower.com/shop/mercruiser-sterndrives/exhaust-system/exhaust-manifold-kits/manifold-exhaust-kit-for-mercruiser-ford-302-5.0l-351-5.8l-v8-inboard-outboard
Thank you for the welcome.
I stand corrected, it was/is a Volvo out drive. I don't know why I keep thinking OMC 280, sorry for the confusion.
Marry'ing up to the block also could be an issue (old 302 vs newer 302, same bolt pattern?), getting clearance under the engine cover (I saw a draft image...
1974 Glastron/Carlson cv-18ss has Ford 302, 200hp, with Glastron FL 818 log style manifolds and risers exhausting into the "Y" and out the OMC 280 sterndrive. It's time to replace the manifolds and risers. As you may know, they just don't make them anymore. I want to convert to the center riser...