FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I decided to change the seals, and impeller in my lower unit this weekend. All was going fine except when I tried to pull the seal out of the carrier I damaged the bearing. Was not nice to see needle bearing falling out on my bench. Now the fun part. I could not budge this with a socket...
My 7.5 gamefisher will not stay in gear if I put any kind of load on it. If I hold the 2-speed lever forward it will work. I read somewhere the clutch has some kind of spring mechanism. This is a 1980 Gamefisher 7.5
Mfr # 9A297862
Model# 217585931
Any ideas?
I acquired this motor for a ridiculous price. Need a service manual. I am quite sure the impeller needs replacement. Put it in water and got it started. Nothing seems to come out of the exhaust holes. I would think it should spit some h2O. Any advice changing impleller would be good...