FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I rebuilt the carb prior to swapping the spark plug wires with an OMC rebuild kit. It did not have the low speed pack nut in the rebuild kit so I'll see if I can find that online. The issue I was wondering if perhaps the timing advance was incorrect because the carb and linkage do not look like...
I had to cut the recoil rope when I took the powerhead off. I'll get a new rope on there. Is the length mainly just to make starting it easier?
As for the carb, should I bite the bullet and buy a used OMC carb from eBay? I only see one of them on there and its $150. If not, I'm guessing it will...
Wow, I can't thank you enough. Just went by the manual and assumed the it was correct. Switched the leads and she fired right up. Ran for 2 minutes and then stalled out and wont restart. Time to get to diagnosing that :)
Hello, I have been rebuilding a 1982 Johnson 7.5hp (sailmaster). I purchased it with no spark, diagnosed it and replaced the powerpack that now sparks and jumps a 1/2" gap. It is not starting and after 5 or so pulls it will backfire once. Looking through the parts manual the carb linkage on my...
Know it's a few years late, but I really appreciate the part numbers for the bearings and seal dimensions when rebuilding my impeller unit. Good information on these is hard to find!