FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So i searched around for awhile and kind of found what i was looking for in an old post that relates to my question but the photos dont exist anymore.
I have a pt130 unit and i replaced all the orings on the four valves, ram, and one that sits next to ram near the two springs. Problem is ram...
So I figured out my linkage issues from past posts but now my motor wont start while cold without a headache.
Yes I use choke, yes the carbs are clean and onced over, I use premium unethanoled gas with 50:1 mercury oil, and ived tried every combo to start it.
Fuel/mix screw ive tried...
Hoping I c
my biggest issue is the shift cables, I still have the ol MerControl unit. Neutral wont click in (on motor side) until I pull lever about an inch past the neutral positon towards reverse(this is using muffs only if that matters). This is definitely my first rodeo with the shift...
So I had my boat stored outdoors all winter and when I drained the lower unit I had about an ounce of water that came out along with about 20 or so ounces of oil. Should I be concerned of a bad seal or could there be a way for condensation to do this? The motor has rarely been used the last 4...