FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi- I have a 1973 Evinrude 65HP 65ES73R and I'm wondering if it is returning power to the battery while it is running. (Unfortunately, it is not running right now so I can't put a meter on it). I want to
1) be sure that the battery is being recharged while underway. Does this engine return...
Hey folks and thanks for reading.
I have a 1973 Evinrude 65HP 65ES73R engine that ran great a few months ago, then the next time I took it out it was severely underpowered. I found that there was no spark on the third (bottom) cylinder... other two seem to be fine.
I get good (130ish)...
I bought a 1969 fastwin 18hp 18902D a few months back and I recently overheated it pretty bad. Compression test failed and when I picked up a 1968 16802M for replacement parts I figured I'd take the opportunity to learn to rebuild these engines. Problem is, I'm pretty new to engine work (a...