FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
While dismantling a recently purchased Bayliner (parts boat), it was found there was no dowel pin in the crankshaft to key the flywheel. The holes were lined up, but no dowel.
Question: Did these Mercruiser 3.0L(GM) come with a crankshaft dowel or not. I have not been able find a replacement...
Doing some searches and reading on this forum about the OEM alternator (MC #6231A10, with volt reg. #99502A9), I have not come across an over-charging system.
Connecting a multi-meter to the battery indicates 14 - 14.5 VDC at idle (700 RPM).
At 1,500 RPM the volt reading goes to 16-17 VDC...
I am hardly familiar with boats, much less the Mercruiser I/O of any kind.
Looking over a recently purchased Stingray, (17'), I noticed it had a closed cooling system.
There is a heat exchanger low on the engine on the starboard side.
I'd like to throw out some basic questions on this I/O/
1...