FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi all
Attempting to troubleshoot a 1978 Crestliner 2455 / Mercruiser 228 with a harsh to nearly impossible shifting problem. Found the brown wire broken at the interrupter switch. Re-soldered and reinstalled only to find that the engine will now only turn over but not start. If I disconnect at...
Getting ready to remove a 1978 Mercruiser 228 (small block GMC, pre-alpha drive) from the same year Crestliner. I have reviewed and think I understand most of the steps but I see a reference to removing the bell housing to motor bolts. I'm not quite sure where to find them on the back of the...
Hi all
Working away at fixing up a 1978 Crestliner 2455 equipped with a Mercruiser 228. Just wondering if anyone knows where I might find a wiring diagram for this boat/ motor combination? Some previous owner apparently found a deal on red wire because much of wiring "updates" have all been done...
Hi all.
First time post. I have been away from boats for a while but previously was an inboard guy. I recently acquired a 1978 Crestliner 2455 equipped with a Mercruiser 228 with Pre Alpha drive. Certainly a few issues to work through. Item of the moment is trim. I have a 3 button trim switch --...