FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This has been a salt water boat it’s entire life. California now British Columbia. That sides manifolds are coming off tomorrow. Hoping for a head gasket issue.
Just got back from the boat.
- removed fuel line to carb and inspected mesh filter, looks good.
- put fuel line back on loosely and cranked it over and fuel came out, good as well
- replaced the ignition coil because it looked bad and the plug wire broke off inside when trying to remove it...
I changed the spark plugs yesterday because it was something simple and easy to write off as not the problem. It was not the problem.
I took Friday off this week and will try the following:
1. Compression Test
2. If 1 passes.... Take the fuel line off the carb (or loosen it) and see if fuel is...
1. I did not have a clear jar to see if what was in the fuel. Poured it in a blue bucket. 200 litres was from September, 100 litres new from January
2. No it didn’t. Didn’t respond to it at all.
Serial number: OM675896
Boat is moored in the water since July. Did about a 30 mile fishing trip on January 23, boat ran fine. Started it up a few times since then, got harder and harder to start each time also didn't stay idling until warmed up.
On Saturday I tried to start it and no go...
Small typo, OM675896. Not sure if that makes a difference but that’s what’s written in my book and there’s definitely 8 cylinders. Will confirm that number when I visit the boat today.
For context, my boat is moored in semi fresh water (tidal river next to the ocean) and hasn’t left the dock since September. I drained the block etc before our cold spell (coldest was 4.8c in the engine bay) and today was 10c, perfect day for ocean fishing, until…
Since sept I have started it...