FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently stripped the upper gears in my Alpha I Gen I, I decided to replace the whole outdrive with a used one. Well being new to boating, I purchased a pre-alpha or "r" drive thinking it was alpha I. Is there any difference that I should be aware of? Will it fit? everything looks the same.
I have a 3.0l with an alpha I gen I outdrive. After having stripped the upper gears and overheated the engine, I am in the process of putting it all back together but can not seem to find where the exhaust water shutter goes. Can anybody help?
I have a '89 3.0l Sea Ray that I just bought a few months ago. The boat had run great until the last outing when I heard a loud clank and the the boat stopped moving and would not engage gears. Upon further inspection of the upper gear housing I found that the top gears were completely stripped...