FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have the system marked with the red stator that goes into the switch box. So with that said I would assume I can't add a charging system because Mercury told me that's the only stator that engine can fit and that it's all I need. However they don't know how to add a charging system. So I guess...
So when looking at the first diagram that shows the stator wires going into that isolation block. Which my motor does not have. And the wires coming from my stator are male and female while the connector for the rectifier is male and male. Which made me think it's the wrong setup somewhere. And...
Okay! I will not do as such. And I do have the system in the first diagram. And that is correct the other diagram is just showing add-ons. However I don't think it's for my exact system.
Once again here is an update. I just found a PDF of the service manual (I'm pretty sure it's the correct manual) which is awesome. Here is an excerpt from that.
That makes me think it is impossible to add a charging system to this motor, I am pretty sure I have the red stator. Am I wrong in...
I will say the optional electronics wiring diagram they sent me confused me further. I don't have the grey or yellow wires mentioned. Only the white/green and green/white coming from my stator. I contacted Mercury and they said that that's the only stator for my motor and it will work to charge...
Hi! Sorry for such a late reply. I was waiting for an email saying I got a response.
The serial number for my motor is OG982888
So I spoke to a few guys at Mercury and they sent me a few wiring diagrams from the service manual. Those are shown here
I requested the wiring diagram so I could...
Hi! I've been wanting to get a charging system for my boat and was looking into it and I saw a lot of people said you need to get extra coils should you not have them. I have a 25 hp 2 stroke JET20 2000 pull start Mercury. Here is the serial number: OG982888 when I look at the preexisting...