FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Okay, I am a total idiot first off. I willy-nilly took off and cannibalized a fuel pump. Here is what happened. I had a 1974 6 HP Johnson that would run perfectly if you primed the ball every 20 seconds or so or it would die if not primed. So this was a fuel pump problem after exhausting...
http://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/36381.cfm
Hello, I have a 1987 4 HP Johnson and I has disassembled the carb to the best of my ability. I can not seem to get part # 16 in the diagram above out. The float seat and valve. It is really tight in there and I don't have about...
Ok, very new on all this. First time for everything. Bought a boat with a 4 HP on it that runs rough and you constantly have to adjust the choke to keep it running. Revs up and down without you touching the throttle and if it is about to die you have to choke it to keep it running. This...
Hi, I am a pretty new boat owner and do not know much about outboard maintenance but am not lacking in mechanical inclination. I have a 1974 Johnson 6 HP Seahorse. This motor was given to me by my father who I know basically rebuilt it and got it running well according to him. Cleaned the...