FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
I am new to boat motors and recently picked up an older boat with a (from what I can tell) 1978 mercury 402 40HP outboard motor. It has a blue striped motor case.
Anyway, with a garden hose hooked I am not seeing any water coming from the pee hole. Does a thermostat have to open up before...
Hi,
I am new to boat motors and recently picked up an older boat with a (from what I can tell) 1978 mercury 402 40HP outboard motor. It has a blue striped motor case.
Anyway, with a garden hose hooked I am not seeing any water coming from the pee hole. Does a thermostat have to open up before...
How can I tell the approx. weight of a boat? I am asking to see if my car would be able to pull the boat. My car is rated for a 1000 pound hitch class 1.
The boat is a 1960's (?) 14' aluminum Cherokee with a 40Hp motor on it.
Any way to guess the weight?
Thanks,