FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1985 Force 50. Just put new coils on it and bought new spark plugs. The top coil has 12v going into it when I did a test. But there is no spark coming from it to the spark plugs. The lower coils is not receiving any power at all. What can i try to do to fix this?
My battery Cables are getting very hot and melting. I have them attached nice and tight with some clamps that bolt on the battery. Could this be a sign on something wrong with the starter or something? It doesnt get hot until I try to start the motor.
This motor is totally diff from my old one so I have some dumb questions.
1985 Force 50
1. How do I do a spark test? My old boat never had a starting problem so I never had to do one.
2. I have a keyed ignition. If I turn the key back does that shut off the motor? I do no see a kill switch...