FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 62 (cd19s) Johnson outboard. I replaced the fuel pump, the water pump and rebuilt the carb. Have had it on the water a few times and it runs like a top. Noticed gearcase oil coming from the water intake screen and a very slow drip from the exhaust after the motor was used. Unscrewed...
Hello: I just bought a 5.5 Johnson model cd19s for $200. Is this too much? The seller started it before I purchased. Seems to be OK. I need the fuel mixture ratio (24:1?) the recommended spark plug and gap. How can I know that the impeller is OK without pulling the lower unit apart?
Thanks...
I have a 1948 Goodyear (Gale) that I'm trying to get ready for spring. It has not run in 20 years but when it was put away it was running and was run dry of fuel. The carb and tank are clean. I tried to spin the flywheel and there was a lot of resistance. Found the problem to be the drive...