FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Do I need to remove the outdrive to drain the water out of it? I had replaced all the gaskets, impeller, and gear lube a month ago and I've only had the boat in the water once since then. I'm going to drain all the water out of the block and manifolds, but I would rather not remove the outdrive...
pistons for the 3.0L are outrageously expensive! is there any other options? I heard someone say that the 350 pistons would work, but I'm hesitant to buy some to find out they don't. My pistons are a bit worn and I need new rings and probably a clean-up bore (.010 or so). I just don't feel like...
While doing some engine work I took the shift interruptor system off. The lower shift cable fell out of the plastic sleeve! I stuck it back on, but it doesn't stay on. I know part of it is suppose to slide, but isnt the narrow inner part suppose to stay stuck to the plastic sleeve? When I shift...
1986 MerCruiser 140. I bought the boat with water in the oil. I took the head off and tore the block down. The head gasket was fine. I couldn't visually see any cracks in the block or head. I put the head back on with the original gasket (but left pistons, crank, cam out) and filled it up with...
I have a 1986 MerCruiser 140. Bought the boat with water in the oil. I figured it wasn't goin to be pretty. Now The questions I have are:
Where can I find a new block without spending a ton of money? GM doesn't have any 3.0L engines in cars. From what I can tell it is similar to the 2.5 Iron...