FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Living in Fl. I have a 18 ft Lund Tyee. I keep it covered outside. Problem is I get a lot of mildew from all the dampness down here. Thought about leaving it uncovered to eliminate the dampness?? Cover is not totally waterproof as it's old. Keeps the dirt out tho. Any ideas.to stop the mildew???
1988 Evinrude 90 hp. Runs and starts great. Seems to be using more fuel then usual?? Pulled the sparkplugs. One was nice and brown, other 3 were very wet and black!!Whats my next step AFTER I run some carb cleaner thru it??? I have a feeling carb cleaner;s not going to do it??
Got a 1988 90hp Evinrude. 110 on all 4 cyl. Runs and starts very good. Problem?? Right bank plugs are wet and black!! Left bank is dry and brown. Is this a carb problem???:confused:
I"m in florida saltwater fishing out of my Lund (Tyee). Guy tells me sooner or later the rivets will let go!! Something about electric and salt will eat the aluminum?? Any truth to this??
I have a 1988 Evinrude, 90 HP.Plugs on right bank are nice and brown.(nice burn).Plugs on left bank are VERY wet!!(oil).
Do you think this is carb related?? Other then that, engine runs really good!! I've decarbed the engine twice now with some really good stuff. I thought it might be the VRO??
Where can I get a Trim and tilt sending unit for a 90 horse Evinrude, 1988 year??? I can do without it BUT I like to read my gauge. This is the second one that went bad. Got last one from a junk boat.
Going to look at a boat in Clearwater,Fl. Make is "Offshore" made by Dynasty in Sarasoto, Fl. Anyone know anything about these boats?? Havn't looked yet. Looks good in the pic"s.Has a 200 Susuki engine on it. Any comments?? Engine is a 2000.