FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
First I would like to thank all that help me with my trim cylinder fix. Works great.
I have a 1995 Real Valenti, Volvo out drive, 7.4 L/454 engine.
I noticed stiff steering last weekend and topped off the PS pump reservoir.
After a short ride, 8 - 10 miles, the steering got stiff again at...
Has anyone tried rebuilding a DP1-D1 trim cylinder without removing it from the transom?
I've read about having to pull the out-drive and the nightmares of removing the pins inboard.
I'm thinking about getting a rebuild kit off ebay. I think I can pull the ram from the cylinder and replace the...
Re: Need help. New to outdrive boat.
Don,
Thanks for the information. I got home from work a little while ago and took some pix.
I looked in the engine compartment an found some tags with the following info.
Transom Assembly;
TSK DP-S
4111512879
3868003
Drive Unit
DP-1 1.78...
Hello all,
Don S. Thanks, I hope this is the right place. Great Forum!!
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have already found an overload of information.
I have been messing around in boats for years. This is my first outdrive rig.
I have recently purchased a 1995 Regal 256...