FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 97 Celebrity 180 with a 4.3 Mercruiser 2bbl, I replaced the factory fuel pump with a Mr Gasket Micro electric fuel pump advertised to deliver 4-7psi. With this pump I had to remove the anti-siphon valve because it wouldnt suck it on through there which I found out the hard way at the...
Hey, I have a 97 celebrity 180 with a 4.3 mercruise I/O and the thing runs perfect at idle and revving it throttle only. With low throttle to planing it does fine also but as soon as it planes out it just wants to cut in and out usually catches itselft before it falls off plane but sometimes...
I have a 4.3 Mercruiser in a 1997 Celebrity 180 and for some reason I cant get fuel to the fuel pump. I can hear the pump running when its supposed to but fuel is not getting too it. I can crank and crank and crank on the motor but with no fuel to the carb it wont start. I can hit the throttle...
What is the average labor rate for I/O repair. And also if anyone knows if most places charge for diagnosis and if they do what is the average cost for that also?
I attempted to time my mercruiser 4.3 lx and was going through the steps and found that the purple/ white wire that your supposed to ground to put it into base timing mode was already undone. So is that how its always suppose to be and its only purpose is to be grounded when need be or does it...
I just recently purchased a 97 Celebrity 180 Bowrider and am new to boating. The boat has a 4.3 v6 Mercruiser LX engine. When out on the water it has no power when accelerating. It just sounds like it doesnt have any power. Its not missing while its doing this, it just simply sounds like it...