FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have 66 45hp Chrysler outboard. Took the nut off the flywheel and was smacking it a bit would not budge. Do I have to use a puller? Also what else should I inspect while under there? I intend on cleaning up the coils. also looking for a starter solenoid if anyone has spare parts
have had trouble getting the key to trip the starter. if I by pass the starter solenoid it will go. neutral switch is good. just put in a new circuit breaker in. can I rebuild the solenoid or could I test it. don't really want to pay 50 bucks plus shipping for another one. any ideas
model # 45631
I am having trouble finding what will fit on my 66 Chrysler 45hp. my gear case is cracked so I took it apart and looks like the gears are still good. is the whole unit compatible with any other years. is gear case compatible. any tips on parts site or locations.
I have the whole lower unit. it's a long shaft. the gear case was cracked along with the ball bearing case. in need of a compatible replacement parts like what year I can put on it. maybe the whole unit?