FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The electric automatic pump is a must, I would never try inflating this without the electric pump.
The 9.9 Merc is more than enough motor for the boat. Max speed is 17 mph. It is a very fun boat and handles well. I was worried about the open front but it stays completely dry. The front...
I finally got to get the boat out on the water. After 4 weeks in Key Largo I can say that this boat is quite amazing. It is powered by a mercury 9.9 which is more than enough motor, and also has an SE Sport hydrofoil. With 2 people fully loaded it tops out at 15 mph. With one person the top...
Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to go for a 9.9 Merc short shaft. I went back and forth with the cat and the tender but I think the cat will actually fit my needs better. I saw one and talked with the owner and it got very good recommendation.
Mostly the boat will be used for two people. I was thinking of the 9.9 Mercury which weighs about 100 pounds. Not looking to race it, just cruise around. The boat has 1400 lb capacity.
Considering buying the new 2021 version of the Saturn MC365 Catamaran. (https://www.saturnboats.com/saturn-catamaran/12-saturn-catamaran-en.html). I have had some pool toy type blow up boats but this is the first somewhat real inflatable. I am looking for any suggestions about this boat, and...