FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: Overheated Engine - Water in Oil
Thanks for the help. I took the risers off and this is what I found:
I think this is my problem. So thinking about what happened, I thought the engine was stuck, i.e. a bearing freezed. But now I think it was liquid locked, water in a cylinder...
I got a SB 350 (5.7L) OMC engine. We overheated it the other day, and yes it was HOT. I took it out for the first time after overheating it, melted the exhaust bellows, on the lake the other day and when I went to start it, it just clicked. Did not turn at all. I worked at it for a few...
Hey everyone,
Bad day on the lake on Saturday. I think I spun a main bearing. Three weeks ago they ran the boat until it melted the rubber exhaust bellows to the out drive. Needless to say the engine was running hot. The power steering cooler had a hole in it and it was not cooling the...
Hello,
This is my first post on a boat forum. I am so excited, I have got my granfathers fishing boat! I grew up in this boat in Minnisota and I have just got it to Idaho. The boat is in great condition and it runs really well.
It has a 70hp motor with a 13 1\4" x 17" prop. Is that an ok...