FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1998 40hp force with only 60lbs compression on 1 cylinder and 120 on the other. My question is this is it worth the cost of repairing this engine or should I consider replacing the engine?
I have a 1998 40hp Force that has became very hard to start and will hardly idle at all.I have to start the engine and put it it in forward fast or it will shut off. I have had the carburator cleaned and replaced the fuel filter and have ran a can of sea foam throuh a 6 gallon tank of gas.
I have a 1998 Force 40hp that the for about a year now it would not trim up unless you would tap on the relays but once it was running in the water it worked fine and then it started doing the samething when you tried to put the engine down. I purchased 2 new relays and installed them and now...