FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Specs:
1996 FourWinns Horizon 200
Volvo Penta 5.0Fi Serial # T01291736
Volvo Penta SX Drive
Short history on the boat. I bought the boat this winter and it was in terrible condition. I've redone the interior & exterior and now I have engine problems.
First time out it flood smoked BAD at idle...
I have a 2002 Chaparral 200 SSe with 135 hours on it. It has a Volvo Penta 5.0 GL (Chevy-carbed).
When I ran it for the first time this year, it ran terrible. It would spit, spudder, and wouldn't even get on plane. I pulled the 2 barrel Holley off and rebuilt it. Carried it back out to the lake...
I have a 1999 Crownline 182BR with a Mercruiser 4.3L mated to a Mercruiser Alpha One Outdrive. The problem I'm having is there is a low pitched roar coming from somewhere betweer the back of the motor and the outdrive. It sounds kinda like a dry bearing and it's pretty loud. It makes the sound...