fuel leak

madmark

Cadet
1985 suzuki dt-115 with mikuni carbs.<br /><br />One of my carbs has developed a fuel leak, It looks like it is coming from the fitting that connects the fuel hose to the side of the carb. It appears to be leaking where this fitting goes into the carb. Does this fitting screw in or press in? Is it repairable? If it is repairable or replaceable does it take any type of sealer?

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Re: fuel leak

Are you sure that the fuel line isn't split and its just leaking from the fuel line?

madmark

Cadet

Thanks for the reply jimd. Yes, I am sure it isnt a split fuel hose. Already replace it and put the correct size hose clamps on it. That connector will twist just a litle bit, but I am afraid to mess with it for fear of any unknown consequences.<br /><br />Any ideas?

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

I have a Suzuki DT85 with essentially the same carbs. I'll go look at mine when I get home. If they are pressed in you should be able to remove and reinstall it with some epoxy I would think, but you would have to remove and dismantle the carb to do it right and make sure the epoxy or other sealant didn't migrate to places it shouldn't like the float valve.

madmark

Cadet

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I will be looking forward to see what yours look like. Hopefully it will be a easy fix.

D

DJ

riverskier,<br /><br />If the fittings are plastic, I would bet they are pressed in.<br /><br />I ran into the same issue with an OMC-90. Fortunately, I was able to have the room to drill out the plastic fitting and install a brass 45 degree fitting, after tapping the new hole.<br /><br />I can't think of a product that will effectively stop a fuel leak like that. Maybe someone else can.

madmark

Cadet

Thanks for the reply. Sounds just like my fitting. Like the brass fitting idea, that will probably be the solution to the problem. Gas is to high to have any leaks.