Boat loads

stellarx

Cadet
At what point do you tell your friends that they should not get in your boat? I mean you get 4 people in a boat, that's alot of A$$. It's ok if it's girls, but how do you tell the guys to get a boat of their own if they want to join you out on the river?

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat loads

It really depends on the odds you like. If you want 3 girls in your boat and your boat only holds 4 people then that's when your buddies need to get their own boat ;)

olbuddyjack

Petty Officer 1st Class

When you reach the rated capacity of your boat.<br />There should be a sticker or plate somewhere on the boat saying how many people or how much total weight you can carry. You can get cited(or worse)for going over the limit.<br />Its usally better to take only girls because there lighter...sometimes :rolleyes:

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

StellarX are you inviting your buds ? or are they just showing up uninvited. If they are free loaders then make them pay for all the gas, bait, beer, ext they will stop inviting them self’s when they figure it out. Ugly chicks need to pay. Hotties ride for free :D

stellarx

Cadet

Well the thing is, when you get out on the river with a few people in your own boat, one of them will whine that they are ready to go just when you are having a good time and don't feel like taking the boat all the way back to the dock. What is the etiquette here? Do you make them swim back?

C-Roy

Cadet

I feel that the guys should provide a 12 box of beer a piece before they get in the boat. Gas is not cheap and neither is beer.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by StellarX:<br /> but how do you tell the guys to get a boat of their own if they want to join you out on the river?
Answer: "Hey guys, get your own boat."<br /><br />It's really very simple. :D

olbuddyjack

Petty Officer 1st Class

What is the etiquette here? Do you make them swim back?
I wouldn't make them, that would be their choice depending on how bad they wanted to go back.

C-Roy

Cadet

I would probably suggest swimming, not sure how deep your river is there. From my experiences it only takes one person to make the whole boat miserable.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

StellerX you need to get new friends! That would only happen one time with me. I would not take them agian and fine them $10.00 for whining in my boat.

QC

Supreme Mariner

My wife and I go through this a lot. She is an "inviter". Which is cool except when she invites more people than the boat capacity. Now I tell her when she is cutoff and I ask her every couple of hours if she has invited anybody else as we get closer to leaving.<br /><br />I tell everybody (her too) that when we leave the dock we aren't coming back 'til X and that we may even go past that. I even say that these weekends are too expensive to have people either waiting at the dock or whining about going back. Not gonna happen. I definitely don't always get my way, but friends are learning and the wife is starting to understand that it is no fun deciding who has to wait on the beach etc.