Boat is moored/How do I load my overweight mother-in-law on my boat??[ Help]

steve reuter

Cadet
Re: Boat is moored/How do I load my overweight mother-in-law on my boat??[ Help]

i think a huver round will work, it got those two old women to the grand cayon.

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Boat is moored/How do I load my overweight mother-in-law on my boat??[ Help]

Originally posted by prockvoan:<br /> Come on guys,help this man out.One day it might be one of us.Mean time,never catapult a 300# women at your boat.If it hits,is that anything like a metor?Will insurence cover it?
No it's not like a meteor. Even though the catapulting would be an "intentional act", you didn't "intend" for her to damage the boat. If you were insured with my company, I'd probably agree to pay that claim. I'd call you a numbskull, but I'd pay the claim.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

ya'll are some cold hearted Bas****s....Funny but cold hearted.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Reminds me of two years ago. My BIL came down from North Dakota. He is 220, wife 320, DIL 345, niece 150, nephew 140, my wife 125, me 180, daughter 210, SIL 275, and three grandkids totaling 200 pounds. Thats over three quarters of a ton in flesh. The books say vessels over 26' don't have a capacity, yeah right that is alot of crap. The water at the dock was about 4 feet deep. After everyone was onboard, the boat sat so low the outdrive was in the mud. So we unloaded half the people and took turns on everyone going out.<br /><br />As for Ramparts problem, a mooring dock would be the way to go, or get a pontoon to do the ferry work. I've known some overweight people who have used them for that purpose.

one more cast

Captain

buy yourself a party barge. They are great for people with limited mobility.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

:( mmm mmm mmm :(

one more cast

Captain

Rampart asked a simple question and I think the replies for the most part were uncalled for. I can only imagine what this fairly new poster to iboats thinks about this sight now. You should all be ashamed of yourself.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

OMC, I believe most of what has been written here has been in the spirit of just one continuous mother-in-law joke and nothing more. At least, I would hope if the subject had been anything other than Rampart's mother-in-law that such comments would not have been made.

stellarx

Cadet

I think, despite all the joking we do realize that this is just a bad idea to attempt a boat ride with the MIL. Even if you can get her on the boat, she probably will not be comfortable and will not have a good time. If you want to do something nice, you should just treat her to dinner at the local golden coral or similar all-u-can eat buffet type resturaunt. She'll have a ball and it will be quality time for you both.<br /><br /> NOTE: Make sure it's an all-u-can eat or the cost of the dinner may outweigh the potential cost of damage to the boat from a meteorite MIL.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Ok here is a real suggestion...<br /><br />1 tie the shuttle boat front and stern to your boat-that eliminates any back and forth motion<br /><br />there are ladders that angle out from the boat instead of straight up and down - you may need to make some mods so that her weight does not push in the side of the boat.<br /><br />is there a swim platform? Maybe you tie up to the platform and she steps onto that and then onto the boat - have a rope so that she can help balance herself when coming on.<br /><br />Once the boat is tied up to yours you could even have a small step stool in your shuttle boat - all she needs to do is have her butt come up to the level of your side rail then she can sit on it and spin into the boat.<br /><br />The other thing left out is a floating dock instead of a boat just float the platform out.<br /><br />good luck

one more cast

Captain

AHHH, Maybe I'm just gettin soft in my old age but it just bugs me when people make fun of other people. Show me someone that thinks they are perfact and I will show you ... EDIT.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Show me someone that thinks they are perfact and I will show you ... EDIT.
OMC, I didn't know you knew my older brother.<br /><br />StellarX, you just couldn't resist, could you. :D

magster65

Commander

Use the courtesy dock and become a hero!<br />Do it!!!

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Rampart104:<br /> Any tips on getting 300# mother-in-law :mad:
I think his statement followed by the :mad: allowed everyone free reign.

JohnRuff

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just toss a cupcake into the boat - and she jumps right in to get it :)

rayjay

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have really enjoyed all the comments :p I would require this person to demonstrate her ability to float in a life jacket. I doubt she would sink even without a PFD but she may float head down / feet up. Just depends on her conformation. When we were kids I had a cousin that had this problem with certain life jackets. When you called him a hard head you were not kidding :D Like a rock. "Hey is this where we want to fish?" "Yeah, tie a rope on little Gerry's leg and throw him in."<br /><br />There. I made a funny without making fun of his mil.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by tomatolord:<br /> ....The other thing left out is a floating dock instead of a boat just float the platform out.<br /><br />good luck
good idea, except the moored boat is 200 yards away. that seems like a long way to float a platform.....

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Any neighbor or municipal docks nearby with deeper water that you can meet at? A five minute car ride may save a hernia operation (or three)...<br /><br />- Scott

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hmmm...I think you guys upset him..he has replied or given us an update yet....<br /><br />-JMW

Purebreed

Seaman Apprentice

I just had my sister in law that I am guessing was pushing #260 on the boat.It was so hot that day she decided to get in the water. When she was ready to enter the boat via the swim platform ladder I just said a quick prayer for the 4 screws holding it down. Next thing I know she is up and in. Do you have trim tabs, because the list could be very bad and embarrassing for her?