wirring

ppjmb5

Seaman Apprentice
im adding a radio and some guages <br />i have some new switches it has three prongs on them says <br />one for ground<br />one to fuse/battery<br />one to device <br /><br />my old switch has two wires confused<br />help please family wants to hit the water today

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: wirring

the fuse battery is the hot from the batt. the device goes to your radio it is the hot wire, the other is the ground you can leave it empty and run a seperate ground wire straight to the radio unless the switch has a light in it you want to work. By the way why do you want to put a switch in line to the radio it has a on-off switch of it's own as for the guages don't know what you have there.

ppjmb5

Seaman Apprentice

oh im not putting a switch to the radio im wiring that direct but i have about threelighted guages im adding and some step lights that im going to have switched yes the switches are lighted

ppjmb5

Seaman Apprentice

whats did i do wrong grrrrrrr!<br />hooked battery up showing ampage on guage but every time i turn something on the guage goes to zero fast pos. to bateery gauge to fuse box then to lights,bilge,etc..tied all ground together<br />any suggestions