Evinrude Parts

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone have a link for Evinrude parts where I can get an idea how much an OMC part cost and a suitable After market part ??

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Evinrude Parts

NAPA Auto Parts handles parts for your engine.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

Ho Hooty:<br />Are you sure ??<br />I went to napaonline.com and could not find anything about Evinrude parts using their search.<br />Everything seems to be auto parts

skeffer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

How far back do they go as I have a 71 and it sometimes it hard to get parts in the sticks as the boat shop thinks I would be happier with a 22,000 dollar boat payment.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

I'm lookin' at a NAPA Marine Parts Catalog as we speak. Tell me what you're lookin' for and I'll see if I can find a number for ya.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

I'm looking at the price for a stator for an Evinrude E10freleu 4 stroke Hi thrust. Don't know the part number because it isn't in my $35 Evinrude manual that I have.... (**** poor manual.)<br />BTW Where do you get a Napa marine catolog ??

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i git parts from n a p a . some stores want fool with outboard parts . they have some not all . some parts are dealer idems onley or salvage yard . what parts do you need year and hp. some one here may have a old engin they are parting out .i have some 50 and 70 hp late 70 s. papasage

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Might try here. Very reliable:<br /><br />9.9/15 (E) 95-97 173-1651 $185.00 <br /><br /> Seiler Marine <br /><br />I would use this form to make sure you get the correct one.<br /><br /> pricequote <br /><br />I cannot find it in my NAPA book, either...<br /><br />Am I wrong on the year of your motor?? 1997?

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Rick:<br />Yes it is a 1997 Evinrude 4 stroke

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Rick:<br />Just checked out your link .Seems like good information. Are these parts OMC or After market.?? I just replaced the ignition power pack and paid $180. Seilers had it for $70 so I am guessing it is an After Market part ??<br />Turns out the power pack wasn't the problem so I am going up to the boat today to check out the stator which I didn't suspect since I already replaced 2 other power packs which were under warrenty. Just hope I have a bad connection on the stator plugs. Hate to spend another $180.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Looks like ya got it under control, Bob.<br />As far as the NAPA Marine Products Catalog, I just went to my local NAPA store and told 'em I needed one. Also told 'em that since I was looking up the part nrs. and saving them the time, they should give me a discount. Give it a try.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

That's what I did , too, Hooty. Just was in there one day and happened to ask if they had a Marine catalog and voila, no problem. Thing's about an inch thick full of parts...

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

Checked out the stator today. The resistants all read normal both coils and both coils put out the proper voltage when I took reading turning the motor over but when I measured the one coil to ground while turning the motor over I got a voltage reading which indicates that the coil is shorted to ground some place. When you take a restance reading of the same coil to ground it doesn't appear to be shorted but I guess the much higher voltage produced then the motor is turning over is causing a break down to ground somewhere. Looks like this has to be the problem with only 3 units in this ignition system only the output transformer is left and that isn't receiving any voltage from the power pack.

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

Installed a new stator today and the motor still will not start. I checked the output of the power pack and there wasn't the 200 plus volts that should be there. This would suggest that the new stator I installed is faulty ?? I didn't have time to check the voltage coming from the coil today but I would suspect that it will be there if so i don't know what else it could be. The plugs from the stator are new going into a new power pack plug. What else could cause the new power pack not to work ?? Seems like there are only 3 component that could fail and I replaced two of them. The output coil isn't getting an input voltage from the power pack so that can't be the problem. The only other thing I can think of is the stop power switch but there isn't a stop wire on the power pack to be causing a stopage. Hope someone can come up with a suggestion before I go up again tomorrow.

fishman43

Cadet

I have 7.5 Evinrude Fleetwin. I haven't used it in 10 yrs. Won't start. Found a nest of mice in it. Got rid of mice and nesting. Still won't start. I changed the sparkplugs. Put in fresh gas. Any suggestions?

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Told ya what Fisherman43, that carburetor is probably full of tar and needs cleaning and rebuilding but you'll get a LOT better response if you make a new post and don't tack this one on to the end of someone else's.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Hooty:<br />No suggestions to my problem ???

Hooty

Rear Admiral

No kill wire on the powerpack?<br />It doesn't have a black with yellow stripe wire on the terminal strip? How do it die?<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Robo97

Seaman Apprentice

It shuts off when I turn the key on the control box but there is is only 2 wires coming out of the IPP instead of 3. This was the same on both units. don't know how it shuts off but it is something to look into