engine information

LuckyPenny

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am trying to gather information on a Rude. Serial number R8157548 <br />It is a V6 150HP with trim/tilt<br /><br />I would like to know the year of the engine and if anyone has any issues with this engine<br /><br />Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: engine information

We need the model number, Luckypenny.

LuckyPenny

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is the problem. We looked and looked and looked and looked, the only other number associated with the serial number was 020. I was hoping that someone might have an idea. I was thinking that the first two digits of the serial number might be the year, but I doubt it.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Look for a freeze plug on the block. If the motor has not been rebuilt it will have the model number stamped on the plug.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Hello<br /> if you cannot find the plug,looks like a quarter, in the top of the block you may try calling Ron at Rons marine or talk with Robert there. also the guys at Shore Flyte right there in camden are very helpfull. worst case I can do it. the big E city is only a bit away.<br /> email me at rodbolt40@yahoo.com.<br /> Good luck and keep posting

LuckyPenny

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks. The number I listed is off of the freeze plug. the only other numbers on the plug were "020" The engine is in excellent condition, but before I buy it I want to make sure that it is not so old that parts become a problem