male/female pin connectors

Redco

Recruit
I have a Johnson 115 HP and want to replace some of my male and female pins in the waterproof connectors. Does anyone know where I could get a pin set and extractor tools?<br />Thanks,<br />redco

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: male/female pin connectors

Redco...your local Johnny/Rude dealer can get pins and sockets for the amphenol connectors. The tools are listed as special tools in the service manuals. But I would suppose an electronics shop would carry similar tools to do the job. Are the pins bad enough that they warrant replacement?<br /><br />OBJim

speed29668

Seaman

Check Mouser electronics at www.mouser.com I think they carry just what you are looking for and are probably cheaper then anything you could get through the dealer. If you can get the same part through another source it will normally be much cheaper through the dealer. The bearings for the lower unit of my outboard were MUCH cheaper through a bearing supply company than through the dealer.

Redco

Recruit

Thanks, guys, for the info on the pins -- actually I have corrosion in a couple of sets -- one set caused a skip at low rpm -- I cleaned as good as I could with emery cloth, but it's hard to get into sockets, so I wanted to change them completely ...<br />Thanks again,<br />Redco