What can you tell me about 2001 Evinrude 70hp ERP 4-stroke EFI

troyo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
3480.jpg
<br />Looking at this engine on iboats. Price is great, 2 season use at a remote Canadian fishing camp (yeah, right !)60 day warranty. Any good, bad, ugly stories ? Worries/concerns ? How much to have mounted to my rig ? things that might drive my costs up considerably ? <br /><br />An help appreciated

manitoba1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What can you tell me about 2001 Evinrude 70hp ERP 4-stroke EFI

The motor you are looking at is the same inside the cover (identical) to the Suzuki DF70. I have a 2000 DF70 and have nothing but great things to say about this engine. Super quiet and starts with the turn of the key since it's EFI. Excellent throttle response, power and fuel economy. Trolls beautifully all day without missing a beat. I'm sure JB will echo my remarks. As long as these engine were maintained I'm sure you'd be pleased to own one.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Echo Manitoba's remarks. :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Does it come with the wiring harness and all necessary gauges? Do you have to have warranty done in Canada?<br /><br />Good luck!

troyo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I beleive it does; how much am I looking at to have it mounted ??

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Wiring harness, shift ,throtle cables, control box ,tach ,all extra but you can order this stuff with the engine.I think the dealer pays to have any warranty work done near your location.If you phone I-boats they can answer all your questions.