where to find V6 emblem on back of cowling?

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know where to find an emblem for the rear of the cowling on an 88 Evinrude 150 XP motor. I have been keeping an eye on ebay, but havn't seen one in the past few months. Thanks in advance for your help.<br /><br />Steve

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer
Re: where to find V6 emblem on back of cowling?

Did you try your local Evinrude dealer?? Have the parts guy order p/n 210499, should be about $5 or $6...<br /><br />-John<br /><br />BTW - That p/n is for an '88 XP150.

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when i asked my local dealer, he said he couldn't get any emblem or decals for anything older than about 94/95. Don't know if he was full of it or not, but that was his excuse.<br /><br />Steve

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

I got the part number out of the '88 XP150 parts catalog. The computer system indicates stock is available. Sounds like they were too lazy to bother looking...<br /><br />-John

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

doesn't suprise me much, i don't have the luxury of having a reliable omc shop in the area. I have been lugging the boat about an hour and a half away to get anything worked on. I will go in there and just ask them to order that part number you gave me and see what they have to say. I see you are not that far from me, you having any luck getting out on the water with this weather lately? The one decent week we had my boat was in the shop, so i've only made it out twice so far, and once was in the pouring rain. Oh well, better than nothing. thanks again.<br /><br />Steve

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

Steve,<br /><br />Got out on Lake Michigan once several weeks ago. Water temp was around 38. Not much action on any of the boats we contacted. Now that the water temp is up, the week-end weather sucks and the fish are hitting heavy during the week while I'm in work... It'll get better eventually.<br /><br />What dealer have you been dealing with?<br /><br />-John

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The dealer i talked to about the emblem was Curve Marine in Rockford. I think i am going to try another dealer here in town to order the part though. So much for a good weekend for boating this weekend too. Forty and fifty degrees and a chance of rain. Might try to get out anyways on Saturday. Don't have a ton of time before i leave on a fishing trip in Ontario and i have to make sure everything is working properly yet. Take it easy and good luck if you do make it out.<br /> <br />Steve