fishfinder

stevepgill

Cadet
Hello,<br /> Is the Eagle Fishmark 480 or 320 worth while? Also what is the best way to go for gps? I need to mark approximately 25 lines of crayfish traps.<br />Would I be better off getting a gps/fishfinder combination or seperate units? I am not familiar with either fishfinders or gps at the moment.<br /><br />All the best,<br />Steve

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: fishfinder

The fishmark 320 and 480 are excellent values for the money. I love my 320, some people think the 480 is worth the extra $$, I'm not convinced.<br /><br />Don't have GPS myself, but I'm sure I'd rather have separate units, I want to see both screens, plus which if one craps out, you won't be without the other.

peterc38

Seaman

I agree with jtexas, I have a 320 that I think is a great unit for the price, I have been real happy with it.

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a 320 also, great unit for the money. If I were considering a combo unit I would get one with at least a seven inch screen. Anything smaller doesn't allow much to look at in split mode. As far as the combo unit is concerned, I have owned two with the larger screens. A LCX 15 MT and currently a 104 C. Both have been very reliable. It's really nice to see the actual depth along with the topo/contours at one glance.