Battery Combiner 50 or 150?

bobaschmidt

Cadet
I just added an anchor winch 35 lb and trolling motor 40 lb thrust to my fish and ski.<br /><br />What I want to do is add a second deep cycle battery to run all my equipment (Trolling Motor, Winch, Lights, Locator, GPS ect.) and keep my starting battery just for the 90hp Johnson.<br /><br />My Question, Can the motor charge both batteries if I use a combiner. I will charge the deep cycle when I get home to top it off but would like to get some benifit from the motor. Will I need the 150 Amp or can I use the 50 amp.<br /><br />I don't want to damage either battery and I will top the deep cycle at home.<br /><br />Any concerns doing this? will the 150 Amp provide more of a charge?<br /><br />What is the main difference between the 150 AMP and the 50 AMP combiner.<br /><br />Thank you, Bob :confused:

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Battery Combiner 50 or 150?

Very smart move going with the combiner IMHO.<br /><br />All depends on the size of your altenator. If it can push over 50A get the 150 - Heck, get the 150 no matter what. Better safe than sorry. Watch eBay for them. You can usually get one at 50% off.

bobaschmidt

Cadet
Re: Battery Combiner 50 or 150?

Do you know what the 1985 90hp V4 Johnson max AMP charging system is? The cost doubles if I get the 150 Amp. Thank you, Bob