Nobody fishing?

MRS

Commander
I know somebody has to be fishing right? This one is probably small to some but good size for here.
Lets see something on fishing that is part of boating right?

Attachments

• photo329310.jpg
    photo329310.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Spring Trophy (Striper) Season started this morning at 5 am. Pushed back from the normal 3rd weekend in April.

One fish per person per day, 35” min.

The fish in the picture is "average" for this time of the year. They get much bigger....

​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo329324.jpg
    photo329324.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Spring Trophy (Striper) Season started this morning at 5 am. Pushed back from the normal 3rd weekend in April.

One fish per person per day, 35” min.

The fish in the picture is "average" for this time of the year. They get much bigger....

​​​​​​

Dang what an average.

MRS

Commander
dingbat, Wow I have been trying for a double digit striper for a long time got close but have not got it yet. All fresh water fishing here plus have had people on the boat and they are the ones that end up hooking the big boys and always lose them.
:sorrow: But that is why they call it fishing and not getting what you want :wink: or something like that.
Any how send photos of the big ones love to see them....

MRS

Commander
Went out this last Sunday and found the stripes here the small ones they want you to keep. I’m in fresh water lake so no monsters here but taste delicious 😋

MRS

Commander
Found a spot and got these in a hour then found a shore spot and let the dog have fun.

Attachments

• photo332817.jpg
    photo332817.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6

Outlw36

Seaman Apprentice
getting my boat and fishing gear out to the lake this weekend. Looks like the weather is finally going to cooperate. Been good weather during the week but been turning to crap on the weekends.

Jim Allen
Prineville Oregon

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Ha ha ha, you mean like this.

Ha where did you get a picture of my type fish?

Nice to see what fish look like in this thread. It's been so long ago, I wasn't sure fish haven't evolved into something else by now!

MRS

Commander
gm280, ya trying to get folks to post fish pitchers big ones fat ones skinny ones small ones tiny ones anything fish!
We can't all catch monster size fish but we do get them sometimes.
Lets post some fish photos.:fish2:

MRS

Commander
getting my boat and fishing gear out to the lake this weekend. Looks like the weather is finally going to cooperate. Been good weather during the week but been turning to crap on the weekends.

Jim Allen
Prineville Oregon

Outlw, hope you get out this weekend and get some, lets us know how you did good bad or ugly. At least you are out there trying.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We went out today but it was over 90 degrees and the sun was beating down. No fish but it was good to get out again even for a short while.

3.jpg

MRS

Commander
BWR, looked like a beautiful but maybe warm day thanks for sharing. You guys will get them next time.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I honestly have to say that I never ever had a "we are going to need a bigger boat" situation happen ever. But in my time I have got into schools of crappie where even an empty gold hook would catch them as quickly as you could get the line back into the water. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, amazing how suicidal they can get...

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
BWR, looked like a beautiful but maybe warm day thanks for sharing. You guys will get them next time.

Yeah, it was hot for sure. Fortunately, the humidity was fairly low so at least we weren't stewing in our own seats. :flame::lol:

We're planning on going out again early tomorrow morning. Going to try to be there at sunup but weather and local bass tournaments may preclude us from launching quickly. It'll be Saturday after all. :rolleyes:

Getting to be the hot time of year around here. Late June typically starts having high humidity and afternoon thunderstorms and that pattern will continue until late August or early September. Hurricanes notwithstanding. :eek: :p

MRS

Commander
BWR, be safe out there I worked at the AFB Patrick for a few years and saw what the weather can do there :eek:.
Hope you get out tomorrow and get some....

Outlw36

Seaman Apprentice
Follow up from the weekend. Got off work at 8am Saturday morning. Went home and changed , then hooked the boat up to the truck. Got to the lake and prepped the boat for unload and waited my turn in line at he ramp. Get boat in the water and then go park truck and trailer. Hobble back down the ramp and get into my boat. Blower running and lower the outdrive. Adjust throttle and hit the key. Cranks over but doesn't fire. Pump the throttle and try again. Same result. Unhooked the throttle cable so I could work it manually. Yes spraying gas into carb when throttle moved. Hooked back up and tried some more. Still wouldn't fire. Being by my self I couldn't verify spark. Well this was depressing. Cranked up the kicker and tested it out instead. Fuel connector and line worked fine at home but it didn't seem to stay primed at the lake. Well ok fine. After struggling with it I decided time to load up and throw in the towel.
Yesterday on the way home from work I stopped and bought an inline spark tester and a new fuel connector. Got home hooked it up and put the muffs on and turned on the water. Got back in the boat, turned the key to watch for spark. She fired off instant , no sputtering or rough running. Ran like a Chevy engine is supposed to. Well of course now that it's at home.
So now onto the next project. Test fit the new connector. It fits! This is the second one I bought, first was a different brand and supposed to be a 1999 Merc, wasn't even close to fitting .Had a bought a fuel tank with line and fitting With the engine a few weeks ago. That line and primer bulb were deteriorated so put a ton crap in the bowl filter bowl. Not a 100% none got past and into the carb so still need to pull it for cleaning. New inline filter installed in tank line now appears to run reliably in a barrel again so will give it another this weekend.

Jim Allen

MRS

Commander
Outlw, sorry you had a tough day hope your next trip out will be better with fish.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I never leave the house without test firing the boat motor. If the motor does not start I do not leave.