Strange request bradenton

Blevins

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys I know this is a weird request but my motor needs to have some work done and needs to goto the shop. I have. A slip my boat stays in as with purchase I did not get a trailer. I need to borrow a trailer for my 21' key largo. It's not a super heavy boat I just don't have a trailer. The rental place is in Tampa and was 70$ a day. Any help would be appreciated.

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Strange request bradenton

...it appears that your boat is docked at a small marina or boatel. Look over in the corner of the storage lot and you'll probably see a row of empty trailers. Inquire as to ownership(s) and contact that owner(s) for a reduced rate.
Or, scan your local Craigs List for a suitable trailer and work out a rental agreement.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

About how many days will your rig be in the shop?
My trailor is empty @ the moment..when did you want to do this?;)

The shop is in Bradenton as well?

Blevins

Seaman Apprentice

I thank you for your responses!! My mechanic has found a trailer for me and the boat is being pull out tommorow. Thank you guys soo much and as always that iboat forum comes through.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

glad it worked out for ya.
My trailer was yours for the using, heck I painted it a few weeks so it would be purty..lol

Blevins

Seaman Apprentice

LOL MY BOATS NEEDS PAINTING.. so we would have had a beauty and the beast thing goin. If you are ever up in the area here the sailfish are coming in real close to shore!!!! Closest one this year was 2 miles out!!

GatorMike

Ensign

I can't imagine sailfish off Bradenton beach in any kind of numbers worth fishing for. I lived there for 25 years and nobody I ever heard of targeted sails except boats going out 50 miles. You seldom even see East coast sails that close in except in South Florida where the gulfstream is just a couple of miles offshore.

Unless things have changed drasticaly a sail 2 miles off Bradenton would be rare.

Blevins

Seaman Apprentice

Ohh don't get me wrong it's super rare but with the oil spill everything seems to be getting pushed in. Saw a few hammerheads at the mouth of the river. Usually they come through there but try are deep these few seemed to be hanging at the surface.

GatorMike

Ensign

Ohh don't get me wrong it's super rare but with the oil spill everything seems to be getting pushed in. Saw a few hammerheads at the mouth of the river. Usually they come through there but try are deep these few seemed to be hanging at the surface.

Big hammerheads? 15 ft hammerheads eat 6 ft tarpon, it's tarpon season bet they were out hunting.