Gas/Fuel Tank

mmuribi

Recruit
Does anyone know where the exact (or most likely) location and capacity of the Gas/Fuel Tank for a 1988 17' Bayliner Trophy CC?? Thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Gas/Fuel Tank

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

My '88 Bayliner owner's manual covers a multitude of models, but not the Trophy 1710. Assuming your boat has the same hull as the 17' Capris, the fuel tank is 21 gallons and the rear of the tank is located just forward of the transom (maybe 6" or so) between the stringers.

cr2k

Captain

Find the filler on the hull and follow the hose to the tank. I doubt it is even close to a capri.

mmuribi

Recruit

Sorry.

Actually my 1988 17' Trophy Model is: 1610 and (according to BL CS) it is closer to the "Ciera" Models than the "Capri" ones.

They did send me the Manual for the boat. But, it did not include a shematic showing where everyting is.

On the phone, they told me that there really is no one specific place and I may have to drill a so called "inspection hole" somewhere along the center line between the CC and the Transom. I'm trying to see if I can avoid that!. But, 20 Gallons seemed to be inline of what the previous owner told me! Thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

When the gas gauge shows empty, fill it up and you will then know the tank capacity. If you need a closer measure than that, run it out of fuel and then fill it up.