Even the police have a bad day......

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class
And they didn't even make it to the water.

Officers hook up the boat and leave the station, couple KM's down to the road the strap lets go and the boat ends up on the pavement.

f0aa8f704205af3cf2347ca0c854.jpeg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Even the police have a bad day......

What, no safety chain ????

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Did other cops show up to write those cops some tickets?:D

tuffshot

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Maybe they were speeding and the air lifted the boat right off the trailer?
No safety chain in front and no tie downs in the back?:D

Rookies:)

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

And these idiots get to give me tickets for the same crap.....

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

Un secure load is what the ticket should say. :)

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

idiots! having the winch let go should make zero difference. Thats what the chain is for.

At least in my experience, actual cops of any sort that are on the water tend to have very little experience with actually boating. They took a quick intro course to get qualified and thats it. (i'm not talking about game and fish/dn/coast guardr, the people who's job it is to be out there. I'm talking of the county deputies who draw straws to see who gets overtime on the river this weekend.)

Better yet, watch a cop try to back a trailer! i have yet to meet a single patrol cop that could back if their life depended on it. they are paid to go forwards, not back up. (I have a fair number of relatives that are in law enforcement, they all prove this true!)

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Smoke, I disagree. Our water patrol on the river here is fantastic, can back a trailer right through a stand of trees , boats and various other obstacles with absolute precision, and expediently. I can launch in the most terrible of conditions, and the few here make me look like a noob.

Trailering, however, which is the point here as their straps broke while going down the road, is another story altogether. They had a bad moment. And deserve a ticket for an unsecured load if they did not have the safety chain on.. . but you know how that goes...:rolleyes:

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Did other cops show up to write those cops some tickets?:D

I remember once getting pulled over for a burnt out headlight. Just so happened that the cop had a headlight out as well.

Said he was going to give me a 5 day fix it. Being young and stupid I mouthed off about his headlight. he said he knew about it.. I told him I knew about his.. So to please me. He had another officer come out and and give him a 5 day fix it under a citizen arrest. :)

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I remember once getting pulled over for a burnt out headlight. Just so happened that the cop had a headlight out as well.

Said he was going to give me a 5 day fix it. Being young and stupid I mouthed off about his headlight. he said he knew about it.. I told him I knew about his.. So to please me. He had another officer come out and and give him a 5 day fix it under a citizen arrest. :)

That is funny right there!

Dan19720

Seaman Apprentice

As banged up as it is, looks like it bounced around a bit.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Smoke, I disagree. Our water patrol on the river here is fantastic, can back a trailer right through a stand of trees , boats and various other obstacles with absolute precision, and expediently. I can launch in the most terrible of conditions, and the few here make me look like a noob.

They are probably a dedicated water patrol. Those guys are absolute professionals. The guys I have seen might do one or two weekends a YEAR on the water, it rotates through the entire staff. For those guys, it might be their first time backing a trailer EVER, and may have never set foot on a boat.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

interesting, this is from another forum. The comments agree that many of the LEO's are professional and good boaters, but there are some "weekend warriors" who have no business being out there:

Oh yea,watch out for those Suffolk police guys in their new boat,they circled me 3 times like they were going to check me out and as I was getting my equipment out they preceeded to come by me and instead of waiting to pass they gunned it and threw up a 3 ft wake about flipping my boat over and I lossed 2 rods because of them and about went overboard,I was close to the small boat channel pilings and if any close my boat would have smashed agaisnt the pylons.Not cool,I m glad my son wasnt on board and nothing happened to him because I would have went to jail.Note that they were about 20 yards or closer when they deided to gunn it.I will be making a complaint today.
Yes Im sure they didnt do it on purpose but from what Ive heard none of them have any business operating watercraft,they ran it aground a few weeks ago and messed up the motoers sucking up mud from what Ive heard,sounds like they need a lesson in boaters etiquette and hire someone that has a clue on how to run a boat with a little respect for other boaters.Anyway could have been worse I suppose but I am out 200 hundred bucks in gear.