Humminbird TCR ID 1 Fish finder parts needed

santorl

Recruit
Hi all,
My hubby was just given a decent looking fishfinder and we were having some fun searching the internet for replacement parts today. It is older and hardly used, so could be worth having as a back up, but needs a transducer and wire/cable # 3. :(
We have wires/cables # 1, 2, and 4. Also, we were looking for schematics, but didn't find any in the user manuals we found online. We wanted to know what each wire/cable # was originally intended for. We are pretty sure # 1 is the power cable, as it has a red and black coated wire inside it. We found a site similar to this with posts saying it was the power cable, but not sure of credentials of author, and it didn't sound like someone who owned or had ever used one, so who knows if they are right! We can probably rig up something, but don't want to damage it by not knowing what everything else goes to.
Anyone here have any helpful suggestions?
Anyone know where we might find parts?
Thanks for reading this rambling post...
Anyone have one of these laying in the junk pile out back of the garage? LOL

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Humminbird TCR ID 1 Fish finder parts needed

I would begin on Humminbirds site (register- it's free) and search archive or legacy folders for your model . Lot of support from them !

Mods ; May want to move to electrical forum for more topical viewing -- peter

santorl

Recruit

Thanks Peter, we did check Humminbirds site, but did not notice the links you suggested. I will recheck and see what info they might provide. Thanks for the help!:D

NYBo

Admiral

Almost certain you have the power cable (red and black wires); it should be stamped P". Then all you need is a transducer. According to the owner's manual I found on the Humminbird website, it uses a SHS-6-16 transducer. Your best bet may finding someone selling a bad unit on Craigslist or eBay.

John_S

Rear Admiral

User Manual:http://www.humminbird.com/PDF/tcrid-1.pdf

This unit has the tilt/swivel base correct? A TCR101 portable was my first ff. Connecters should be keyed, and agree that you have the power cable. From memory, it is all the way on one end of the 4 connectors. I believe the middle two were temp speed, and transducer at the far end. If you post some pictures could help jog some cells.

santorl

Recruit

Right you are it is on a swivel base, not the portable type in the case. We figured out what the cables were probably for, but not which one was for what. So if you are pretty sure 4 was the transducer, that helps. Thanks.