Trick to getting 115 Mariner flywheel off

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Trick to getting 115 Mariner flywheel off

Great, I have it downloaded. Thank you so much.

He has spark at all 4 plugs. The warning horn is missing, would that have anything to do with keeping it from starting?

No... if you have spark, it could be an enricher problem. When you press the key, do you hear a faint clicking from engine?

Sandra

Cadet

Yes I can hear it clicking.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

If you have spark, the engine spins when the starter is engaged, and the enricher works, then the problem isn't electrical.... Errr, you have fuel in the tank and the fuel line connected, yes?

Sandra

Cadet

Yes, the line is on and has fuel. I get gas from the filter, so I think the pump works

Sandra

Cadet

He's getting fuel from the fuel pump and it's pumping. When the ball to the tank is tight he can see that he's getting gas to the the accelorator pump because the two hoses have gas dripping from them. But he's not getting gas to the cylinders for some reason because the spark plugs are not wet and don't even smell like gas. I want to thank everyone for their help so far. I've been printing out the servis manual today for my husband.

blue90HP50

Seaman

Suggest you charge battery to 100%. Pump up primer bulb, Press button at center of throttle lever, to convert lever to fast idle lever. Move lever forward slightly, this will advance timing, ever so slightly. press key to choke twice and then hold in to choke and crank the motor over. When it starts don't let it rev up much at all. Let it idle a while on the muffs. Maybe this will help. Note: this is my method of starting my 82 Merc 90HP.
Good Luck, Blue